Some web sites and listservers of interest to those who make, sell and use dyes and stains.
Should you find a broken link, please let us know.
- Biotechnic and Histochemistry. The official journal of the Biological Stain Commission, formerly known as Stain Technology.
- ETAD. Dyestuff manufacturers organization, deals with possible toxicological and ecological problems with industrial dyes.
- Histotechnology Technical Methods. Protocols and other information for a wide variety of staining and related procedures, from the University of Nottingham, England.
- Manual of Special and Histochemical Staining Methods. Instructions and other information for a wide variety of procedures, from the University of Rochester, USA. Many of the staining methods are used by the BSC when certifying stains.
- Histochemical Society. Information about meetings, membership, publications etc.
- IHC World. Life Science Information Network. Histology, histochemistry, immunohistochemistry and much more.
- Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry. Includes archive of all volumes, with free public access to all but the most recent.
- MedLine at PubMed. Free public access to MedLine searching of biomedical literature.
- National Society for Histotechnology. Home page for histotechnologists, especially in N. America, with many links to other relevant web sites. The Society publishes The Journal of Histotechnology (1984 – ), which is available to members of the NSH by way of the society’s web site.
- National Toxicology Program. Information about toxic and other hazards of thousands of chemicals.
- NordiQC. An independent scientific organization, promoting the quality of immunohistochemistry by arranging schemes for pathology laboratories, assessing tissue based assays, giving guidelines for improvement and providing good protocols.
- Royal Microscopical Society. Events, Publications, Outreach, Membership. The Society publishes the Journal of Microscopy and In Focus.
- Slidomics LLC. Company providing analyses of tissues or cells on slides, for decision-making purposes.
- Society of Dyers and Colorists. Publisher of the Colour Index. Their journal, Coloration Technology, and books on color chemistry and technology.
- Stains File. A useful collection of data and methods, from Bryan Lewellyn. Information about fixation and staining.
- Flow cytometry list server – To subscribe contact: email@example.com
- Confocal microscopy and 3D imaging – To subscribe send the message: subscribe confocal username@host to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Histotechnology – To join the Histonet listserver, go to http://lists.utsouthwestern.edu/mailman/listinfo/histonet You will need to request a password if you do not have one.
- Image processing – To subscribe send the message: join agocg-ip yourfirstname yourlastname to email@example.com
- Immunochemistry – Contact Amanda J Wilson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microscopy Society of America listserver To subscribe send the message: subscribe microscopy username@host to email@example.com