The BSC’s annual meeting for 2018 will be on 16th and 17th March, held jointly with the New York State Histotechnological Society (NYSHS).
The location will be in Saratoga, NY, about 30 miles north of Albany. Book flights into Albany International Airport. Further transportation and accommodation details will be available later. The provisional schedule follows:
Thursday March 15. Arrival; BSC committee meetings.
Friday March 16. Morning: BSC Membership and Business Meetings.
Afternoon: The joint Symposium with NYSHS is scheduled for Friday afternoon, with the following presentations.
1. William E. Grizzle, MD, PhD, University of Alabama at Birmingham. The importance of fatty acids in prostate cancer: a challenge in immunohistochemical analysis and future therapy.
2. Dusan Stefanovic, MD, BioGnost, Zagreb, Croatia. Eriochrome cyanine R: a substitute for hematoxylin.
3. Richard W. Dapson, PhD, Dapson & Dapson, LLC. Amyloid from a histochemical perspective: new insights on its structure and mechanism of staining with Congo red.
4. Maged Henary, PhD, Department of Chemistry, Georgia State University. Nile red and Nile blue imaging of lysosomes.
5. Richard W. Horobin, PhD, University of Glasgow, Scotland. In situ imaging of tumors: could fluorescent “smart-probes” do the job?
6. Lacey McNally, PhD, Wake Forest University. Imaging of tumors using near infrared fluorescence.
Saturday March 17. NYSHS Morning workshops ; BSC trustees meeting.
VISIT THE BSC’S WEB SITE AGAIN FOR UPDATES ABOUT THE 2018 ANNUAL MEETING